Tags are awesome, I should do more of these!
I stole this tag from Cait @ Paperfury but in my defense Cait said consider yourself tag if you’re a writer. 😉
WRITE FUEL: WHAT DO YOU EAT/DRINK WHILE WRITING?
I don’t like eating while writing, honestly. Actually, I don’t like to combine eating with any other activity. When I eat I want to focus on my food. If I consume food while writing then I won’t have any writing done, I would just munch and munch and munch.
But I do like hot chocolate, donuts and pizza. Just not while writing.
WRITE SOUNDS: WHAT DO YOU LISTEN TO WHILE WRITING?
I have a Spotify playlist called “Pens to Paper”. I like listening to songs when I write. My taste in music is as eclectic as my taste in books. I listen to anything and everything from OPM, K-POP, anime OSTs, Indie to pop. Other writers prefer the quiet because they get distracted by the noise. But I find the noise helps me focus in my work. Does that make sense? I guess not.
Music is okay to me but people aren’t. People easily distract me when I’m writing that’s why I prefer to write in the dead of the night when everything is quiet so that I can crank up Spotify’s volume.
WRITE VICE: WHAT’S YOUR MOST DEBILITATING DISTRACTION?
Twitter and TV shows are a huge timesuck.
Just one more episode…
Just one more retweet…
And the next thing I know I wasted two hours doing nothing
WRITE HORROR: WHAT’S THE WORST THING THAT’S EVER HAPPENED TO YOU WHILE WRITING?
I’m just kidding but the truth is close.
I’m a sprint-writer. I can finish writing a novel in less than a month (and all my finished manuscripts are written within a month). This means pulling an all-nighter every night.
One night I had a terrible headache and puked my guts out because I continued typing away on the computer instead of resting.
And because I only get three to four hours of sleep every night, my immune systems weakens, making me prone to colds, cough and fever.
Oh the things an artist has to endure.
WRITE JOY: WHAT’S THE BEST THING THAT’S EVER HAPPENED WHILE WRITING OR HOW DO YOU CELEBRATE SMALL VICTORIES?
THE BEST THINGS
- When you move people with your stories
- The glowing praises of your betas (because it means you are doing something right)
- Writing itself. I don’t know about you but I find writing a very rewarding task. I enjoy it, despite all the horrors of writer’s block, grammatically erroneous sentences and misplaced modifiers.
HOW I CELEBRATE SMALL VICTORIES
- I treat myself to food
- I binge-watch Elementary or 2 Broke Girls
- I pick up a book and read!
WRITE CREW: WHO DO YOU COMMUNICATE WITH OR NOT COMMUNICATE WITH WHILE WRITING?
And I centainly don’t let them read my manuscript. And maybe even if my works are already published I still won’t let them read it. I’m just afraid they’d judge me ok? Haha!
WRITE SECRET: WHAT’S YOUR WRITING SECRET TO SUCCESS OR HIDDEN FLAW?
SECRETS TO SUCCESS
- Be sure you want to do this – Writing isn’t for the faint of heart, trust me. Is this something you’d really want? Don’t just write for the sake of it. Write because you can’t help it. 😉
- Have discipline – This applies to anything you want to set your sights on. Seriously, you won’t finish a first draft if you don’t have the discipline to do it.
- There’s really no secret to success – There’s none. Just seat down and write write write. Write like your life depends on it. Write because you can’t help it.
MY HIDDEN FLAWS
- I’m severely insecure – I can’t count the times I almost quit writing a story because I think it sucks. But I don’t, because my love for writing is greater than my self-doubt. As it should be.
- I’m a procrastinator – Yes, I am. But once I set a deadline I will finish my manuscript on or before that date. I will finish it, by hook or by crook.
- I’m a closet writer – Yes, I want my book to be published. No, I won’t let my family and friends read them.
WRITE-SPIRATION: WHAT ALWAYS MAKES YOU PRODUCTIVE?
Nothing gets me out of a writing slump better than the thought of missing the deadline. I simply don’t miss my writing deadline, no sir! Truthfully, I’m scared of missing it because once I do I fear that they won’t be effective to me anymore.
WRITE PEEVE: WHAT’S ONE THING WRITERS DO (OR YOU DO) THAT’S ANNOYING?
I admit I can be a Simon Cowell when I’m beta reading a manuscript, especially if the manuscript needs A LOT of polishing. But I try to be as encouraging and constructive as I can. I hate that about myself.
I also don’t like it if the writer is too cocky about their work. I see a lot of wannabe-writers who tag publishers on Facebook and send them links to their Wattpad stories. You can be cocky if you have a good reason to be (i.e. your story is Nobel prize worthy) but these wannabees can’t even be bothered by spell-checking their stories. And what’s up with the text lingo?
WRITE WORDS: SHARE ONE SENTENCE FROM A PROJECT, PAST OR PRESENT.
As I said before, I’m a closet writer. But alright, I’ll share a snippet of some of my works because I love you guys.
The first one is from my upcoming YA contemporary romane book called Rumor Has It.
“I find reprieve in the notion that I can bring someone’s figment of imagination to life, that I can solidify something intangible.”
This one is from my NA romance manuscript that I submitted to a publisher a couple of months ago. It’s called One More Chance.
He looked at me with smoldering brown eyes, his lips a thin line. “I just got my ass kicked for you,” he said quietly.
That’s two sentences but whatever, I make my own rules.
I hope you enjoued me baring my soul as a writer. Are you an aspiring writer too? Then consider yourself tagged by me! 😀