Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/original feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Click the link to go to their site to see the original list. This week’s topic is Top Ten books on my Winter TBR.
2013 was a great year for me in terms of reading. Before setting my goal of reading 100 books this year, most of the books I read was either YA or non-fiction, but this year I am proud to say that I went out of my reading comfort zone and sampled books from genres I haven’t explored before. Along the way, I also stumbled upon some great reads.
As you can see, the books in my list are from different genres. My preference in books is all over the place so expect this list to be all over the place too. Whatever, I’m just rambling. Let’s just get to the list now, shall we? They are in no particular order, by the way.
1. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo – Siege and Storm is the sequel to Shadow and Bone. Ugh, this book is absolutely divine! The characters in this book is are all memorable, dynamic and plausible. I even love the bad guys. Ruin and Rising will come out next year and it’s one of my most anticipated release. Aaah! Can’t wait.
2. The House of Hades by Rick Riordan – This was one of the books I really looked forward to reading this year and I must say it was well worth the wait. Riordan is one of my all-time favorite authors and I will read anything that he writes. Anything.
3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – This book is so me. I love how Rainbow Rowell perfectly captures the life of a fangirl. I couldn’t put the book down, it was THAT good. I’m pretty sure a lot of bookworms have this book on their Best Books of 2013 too.
4. Shine not Burn by Elle Casey – If you want a fun and romantic read, you would not want to miss this one. It’s got the perfect dose of romance and humour. And it has sexy cowboys too! What’s not to love?
5. Nobody but Us by Kristin Halbrook – This book left me in an emotional wreck days after I read it. It’s a little depressing and tragic but just a good a book as the rest on this list. Just ready your Kleenex, okay?
6. American Girl on Saturn by Nikki Godwin- The perfect summer or beach read! I absolutely enjoyed every page of this book! I probably looked like a retard while reading this book, giggling and laughing to myself in front of my ebook reader.
7. Tangled Emma Chase – At first glance, Tangled may look like just another steamy romance novel. Well, it is a steamy romance novel but what’s really unique about this book is the narrator. The book is narrated by Drew, yes, it is narrated by a guy, a very funny, witty, sexy guy. If you want to know what’s going on in your guy’s head, reading this book might give you an idea.
8. Fire with Fire by Siobhan Vivan and Jenny Han– This is the sequel to Burn for Burn. Fire with Fire reminds me of Pretty Little Liars a lot that’s why I picked it up, but it has some supernatural aspects to it which I really like. The three main characters have distinct personalities which I love. If you’re into books about suspense and revenge you should definitely read this one.
9. Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend by Louise Rozett – This is the second book to the Confessions series. I really love the first book so I was really excited to read this. I feel bad for Rose and all the crappy things that has happened in her life. I just wish she can finally be happy. Young adults can relate to all the hardships that the protagonist goes through.
10. Allegiant by Veronica Roth – Allegiant is the conclusion to the Divergent trilogy. I must admit the ending came as a shock to me, I totally didn’t see it coming. But Allegiant and the two other books in this trilogy are really well-written. The movie adaptation of the first book is coming out next year, I can’t wait!
I read so many amazing books this year and it was hard to choose just 10.
Which books made it to your Top 10 Books of 2013? Leave a comment below and let’s compare lists! 😀