Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
My Top 5 To-Be-Read Books
And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
It’s not even want, it’s NEED. I NEED to read this, like, right now. I’ve only read one of Hosseini’s novels, A Thousand Splendid Suns, and it was perfection. Yesterday when I went to the mall, it was already available in bookstores but here’s the catch. It’s Php 899.00 (USD 21.14) and it’s way too pricey for me. There’s an alternative, though– wait for the paperback because paperbacks are less expensive but my copy of A Thousand Splendid Suns is in hardbound and I want to collect his novels in hardbound so yeah, no chance of acquiring a copy anytime soon. But I will SAVE for it.
Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions #1) by Louise Rozett
I’ve head great reviews about this book and it seems really interesting. Plus, I just love young adult! And who doesn’t want to read a book about a teenage girl with issues you can relate to?
Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger
Ah, those fiesty, rebel young women who refuse to act like a lady with manners, who can relate? Well, I certainly can. I admit I am guilty of judging the book by its cover, no not the proverbial book but the literal book. Pink and black is one of my favorite color combination, it just screams sass and punk… in a feminine way, don’t you think?
Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1)
I am a very squeamish person, I’m hemophobic, cannibalism is a huge no-no for me but when it comes to zombies, I forget all about those things. Zombies just fascinate me for reasons unknown to me. And Alice, she is just the right girl to antagonize the zombies… right?
Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet #1)
I wasn’t really into New Adult/Erotica/ BDSM/ Dark Romance books… until I read 50 Shades of Grey and ever since then, these kind of books just seemed like a magnet to me… somehow they always find a way to my TBR list. But I’ve always been a firm believer of true love and a sucker for romance books. And of course, I trust those folks in Goodreads when they rate this book 5 stars.
For more of my TBR list, visit my Goodreads account, follow/add me up too while you’re at it.
What are your must-reads/top TBR? Share `em here, I’d love to hear from you.